Nate over at http://muketsuhanagames.com/ nominated me for a Liebster Blogging Award. His blog rocks and it’s the first one I’d nominate but the rules for accepting say that I can’t. I’m pretty stoked. It’s my first blog award, ever. Pretty cool stuff. I’m happy that any of you read this at all and really pleased that one of you liked it enough to nominate it and mention it.
There are some rules that are supposed to be followed as I accept the nomination:
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
- One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
- One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them! – we had our own one made up, just because we love doing that)
11 Bits of Me
- I was a runner up in a state spelling bee when I was in 5th grade and I lost on a super easy word. Ancient. (I before E is the stupidest little saying ever.)
- I’ve dyed my hair since I was 14 and every time I try to grow it out or have it anything but dyed red even my own father said it’s “unnatural”.
- You could torture me with Hootie and the Blowfish’s album(s).
- I have something like 30 lip balms in a little thing on my dresser and I use all of them at various times. I’m addicted to lip balm.
- I used to be a biomedical engineer, in the Army.
- I can’t whistle or curl my tongue, but I once could do one-handed cartwheels on a balance beam and no-handed ones on the ground.
- I ride a 1200 Harley Davidson Nightster. It’s the blacked out kind of Sportster. I ride it all year round in every kind of weather but ice.
- I have lost 3 babies. Those losses were the hardest, saddest things of my life and I named them Nadia, Xavier and Emma.
- I am totally comfortable being naked for sex, swimming, showering, sex in front of people, etc., but I get so anxious at the Doctor’s office when I take off my clothes that if they don’t return to the room in about 5 minutes I get dressed again and leave.
- I paint flying pigs.
- I once telemarketed Alice Cooper.
11 Answers of Mine
- What is the one cuisine that you would love to learn how to cook? Thai food.
- What is your favorite possession? People and pets aren’t possessions, so of my inanimate objects, my favorite possession is the picture of my Dad riding a Brahma bull.
- Reveal a guilty pleasure that you think others do not know about you? I like to read really stupid novels sometimes- vampires, fashionista stuff, chick lit, pretty much anything dumb that isn’t a romance.
- What are your thoughts on social media? Complex. I love social media like blogs and FaceBook to a point. I think they can take over a person’s time and make us less social and more disconnected however if they are overused. It’s important to see live humans and talk on the phone sometimes.
- What time period do you think you should have been born in? This one. It’s a mess, but so are a bunch of others and at least I can work and own property and be mostly who I want to be, even as a woman.
- What is one subject that you would like to learn about? I pretty much do learn about things I want to learn about. Hmm.. maybe physics.
- Does money buy happiness? Hell no. It buys pretty pretty stuff that is fun but that won’t make me happy unless I’m happy.
- What would you change? (pick what you would change) Soooo many things. Women having periods and childbirth in general, poverty, injustice, racism, homophobia, std’s, war, hunger, pestilence, political races, tax systems, corporations being people.. oh god I’ll just stop there for a sec.
- If sex sells why isn’t there more sex in political advertising? Hmm.. good point! Why do we want our candidates to be sexless stuffed shirts?
- Favorite candy or sweet treat? Fav’s include dark chocolate with oranges, Reese’s peanut butter cups and 100,000 Grand Bars.
- What three things would you do as leader of a country? I would fix our budget, fix our taxation and make corporations not have the rights of people.
MY 11 Questions for you:
- What are you most proud of?
- Who inspires you?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Who are some of your favorite authors?
- why do you write a blog?
- what did you want to be as a kid?
- who would play you in a movie about your life? (in your dreams)
- name 5 really great musicians or bands.
- do you ever get jealous?
- do you believe in love that lasts forever?
- anything odd that turns you on?
11 People You Should Read At Least One Time
Once again, thank you for the nomination. Thank you to all of my readers and subscribers and commenters and likers. I appreciate you!