I was nominated for the Liebster blog award by Adhava at “His Beloved Submissive”. I love her blog and plug her whenever I can (Hey.. that DOES sound dirty).. whatever. Check her out. She’s a very articulate and interesting writer and she gives a really nuanced and loving view of a full time submissive. So, here are the rules:
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Eleven Things About me
1. I’m only 5’2″ and I have size 9 feet and wear men’s medium or large gloves. It’s weird. If I were a dude all the ladies would think I had a HUGE wiener.
2. I am a nerd. Really. I graduated with 3.9, was both Phi Beta Kappa and Psi Chi, and have two published research studies and a minor. NERD!
3. I can’t whistle, make a U out of my tongue or do any kind of neat tricks like that., though I can tie a knot in a cherry stem, for what that’s worth.
4. I was in the Army for 7 years, was an expert marksman, and used to be able to do 35 pushups in 2 minutes. I can’t do this now.
5. I know wayyyyyyyy too much about death. I got on a kick in college and just immersed myself in mortuary science, forensics, decomposition, funerary practices, all of it. It’s fascinating to me that we don’t talk much about death or sex and they are such huge life events.
6. I’m obsessed with the movie Baby Mama. I’ve watched it many many many times.
7. My favorite sex position is probably from behind, doggie style, though I am really loving being on top lately.. thank you Great Date. (hey it’s a polyamory blog.. love and sex kinda make sense)
8. I have a dream of having a poly family.. like living in a little apartment building or duplex or whatever with the people I love, supporting each other and being a family but having our own places too. I picture big holidays and occasional parties and game nights and stuff.
9. I make homemade soups and eat them for lunch everyday. I freeze about half and mix and match week’s soups so I don’t eat the same thing every day. My favorites all seem to have either turkey apple or Italian sausage in them.
10. I raised snakes and lizards before I joined the Army and I had oodles of them, including a 15′ Burmese Python.
11. I’m writing a novel about a tattoo artist, but I so rarely write in it lately that I’m not sure I can still say I’m writing it.
Questions to Answer
- What is the number one thing on your bucket list? -Seriously? That’s a hard question. Um…Maybe to see Europe. I’ve traveled a good deal, but never yet to Europe.
- What is a movie you hate to admit you love? – I love legally blonde. It’s a really fun movie. Don’t judge me!
- What is one of your pet peeves? -Oh I have a few.. mail strewn about the house, messes in my livingroom, people who have loud personal cell phone conversations, sharing a toothbrush (I will not do it with anyone), people who poop with the door open, yappy dogs, girls who play dumb, messy cupboards, people who know nothing of electricity or electronics saying everything has a “short”, and Hootie and the Blowfish. I hate them!
- Can you judge a book by it’s cover? -sure.. I do it all the time. But you have to realize you might be wrong.
- Morning person or night owl? -I used to be a night owl, but I kinda like my sleep these days. But yeah.. if I have to choose, night owl.
- What is something everyone loves, but you think is overrated? -foccacia bread, panini, ecologically friendly toilet bowl cleaner, skinny jeans, buffets, and chain restaurants such as Applebee’s
- Do you ever get mistaken for anyone else? Who? -all the time. At least once a week I hear “you look exactly like my cousin’s best friend’s girlfriend!! Really!” I never know what to say to that. Apparently curvy short bottle red-heads are dime a dozen.
- What is the worst gift you ever received? -a book my husband actually bought for his girlfriend in front of me, and then gave to me for Christmas. Grrrrr.
- Have you ever done something really unbelievable, only to have no one around to see it? -I can’t think of anything.
- What is the earliest memory you have? -Having a nightmare in my childhood home and my parents fighting. Awww…. so emo.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? -yikes. Why is that so hard and it’d be so easy to say what’s bad? Oh.. I’m picking that!
My Questions for You
- where would you most like to live if money and employment and practical things were no problem?
- What was your favorite date ever?
- What was the hottest thing someone did for you sexually?
- What do you want to have happen to you when you die.. like your body?
- Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? Would you? Why or why not?
- Who are 5 great authors? (In no particular order)
- What is your favorite thing about your body?
- Do you ever get nostalgic about an ex? Who?
- Have you ever won anything? What?
- What is your family of origin like?
- Briefly describe your “ideal” mate/s.